Is there any hope to be able to get a job?

I took a Plea Deal in a case I was innocent in. Now three years later I cannot get a job anywhere. It was a misdemeanor and I no longer had the Resources to fight it. The charge itself was ruining my life. I have been working at a restaurant for the past few years and also on my Masters in Social Work. I have recently moved to help my family but am being denied at every single job I apply too. Including fast food business. I am growing increasingly frustrated and depressed. I don t know what to do.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

You might be able to get it expunged.

But it shouldn't be keeping you from getting a job, because some jobs don't check criminal records or only check for felonies.

• 11 months ago

Not unless you have 15 characters of recommendation.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Go to your local Temp agencies and have them find you a job. It's one way to get your foot in the door. In most companies, a felony will keep you from getting a job but a misdemeanor won't.

• 11 months ago

Depends on what the charges were.. Theft or violence are 2 of the worst ones to get a job after.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Continue your life of crime.

• 11 months ago

Most companies do not consider misdemeanors when applying for jobs.

If the don't, they are also not part of your background check.

There is likely another reason that you are not getting hired.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.