Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics Β· 9 months ago

Should I, a Muslim Democrat, come out as Muslim to my Christian Republican parents?

I was raised as Christian and go to church every Sunday, and still do since I'm forced to. However, I secretly read the Quran on my own and have been wanting to convert for a while. Will my parents beat me for infidelity?

Politically?

I don't know your parents but I do know that it takes more than just secretly reading the Koran to be a Muslim. You need to go talk to an Imam about a proper conversion if you want to call yourself that.

the quran is considered to be less of the quran if read in english

What a liar, NO ACTUAL PRACTING Christian would ever convert to a false faith. you are like those in Syria, Iraq, and Egypt who converted at the point of a sword in order to save their property, and allow others who held to their faith to be killed. You are of no worth to the founders, and therefore of no worth to the republic, or what it stands for.

• Stan

I love this story.

• abdul

Well yes. That is what the koran says to do.

• Sally

Only you know your parents. Do they usually beat you?

How old are you? If you're an adult, over 18, you have a right to make your own life choices and your parents do not have a right to beat you.

Are you mature enough to handle the repercussions of your decisions? Are you mature enough to discuss intelligently your beliefs and thoughts with your parents?

Only you know.

They would like it. Muslims are pretty conservative.

You're probably trolling.

On the off chance you aren't, keep your conversion to yourself until you can get out on your own. If your family doesn't like your choice, you'll have the ability to avoid them until they come around.

πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•