Would there be a solution?

I am in a LDR with my bf of 7 months (NY - VA). We've been having talks of eventually living together, getting married and starting a family. Problem is my mom doesn't want me to move while his mom is pressuring me to move, as well as pressuring her son to try harder in convincing me. I am able to see... show more I am in a LDR with my bf of 7 months (NY - VA). We've been having talks of eventually living together, getting married and starting a family. Problem is my mom doesn't want me to move while his mom is pressuring me to move, as well as pressuring her son to try harder in convincing me. I am able to see myself living in VA, get out of the craziness in NY. We are both at least 30, and I know we are grown adults, we should be making decisions for ourselves. But that doesn't mean we neglect our parent's feelings and opinions. From my mom's POV, she's getting older and she just want her kids close by. Even if not living in the same house, but at least in the same state/area. It also goes for his parents, who's also in NY. My bf's POV is he has a really stable, well paid job. He loves what he does and was just recently promoted. If he moves back to NY, he would be taking a pay cut, and there are no open position in NY for what he's doing now in VA. Not that is all about the money, but he wants to be able to be well prepared and be able to support his own future family. So I'm now stuck in between. I do see it from both side. Is not that my mom wants to ruin my happiness and tie me down to stay with her, or that my bf doesn't understand my mom's thinking. He has thought of his own parents too. But currently, things are going well for him in VA. He also said he would eventually move back to NY once his parents get old and needs him.
7 answers 7