Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 5 months ago

in the USA is it a crime to drink a beer on the street even if you are over 21?

I am over 21 years old, so I could buy a beer .. but it seems to me that you can't drink in public from a glass bottle .. so I have to drink from a plastic cup or do I have to put an envelope around the bottle? tell me

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yep. Most cities have laws that prohibit open containers of alcohol on public property. Sometimes it's allowed for special events, but that requires a permit.

Get yourself a Yeti cup. It looks like a commuter cup but it will keep your beer super cold.

P.S. Don't act like a jackass because not only are there laws against drinking in public, there are also laws against public intoxication. It's pretty hard to get a job or apartment when you have a rap sheet.

• 5 months ago

Yes, most people have laws against open containers and drinking in public.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No visible drinking in public. Some places you need to put alcohol in brown paper as well.

• 5 months ago

drunk in public is a law i went to jail for it once

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Depends on where you are. Those are local ordinances so it's not the same everywhere.

• 5 months ago

Yes it is illegal. It is against the law to be publicly intoxicated.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Different jurisdiction have different laws so local laws would apply

• 5 months ago

It depends on the local laws.  Where I live it is illegal to drink alcohol in public anywhere (at home or at a licenced establishment are the only places to drink legally even when you are of age).  Other places have less strict laws about alcohol consumption.  Check your local laws.

• 5 months ago

It's better to drink either in private or at your favorite local watering hole.

• 5 months ago

That is not correct. Some cities or states have ordinances against drinking beer while walking (for safety reasons), but most do not have those restrictions.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.