promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what witamine D to take for a vitamine D deficiecy?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

My elderly aunt's blood test revealed that she had a vitamin D deficiency. She did not spend any time outdoors. So, rather than give her a v-D supplement, I took her out in her wheel chair and set her in the sun for about a half an hour a few times a week. That did it!!

Look up foods with vitamin D to get more vitamin D in your system.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

some docs particularly in altmedicine, do they claim,an accurate assay of Vit D levels , in blood,, along with a cbc,many recommend a half hour of 80 percent bod exposure to sunlight, like 3 x a week,,CCs of Vit D units ( how much depends on your levels),,and

full shower & bath not till 3 days post exposure,in between you wash armpits & lower areas only,,wash the dogs if they get funky,

frequency of skin cancer,say the altcare docs,is due to inadequate vitamin D intake,,,sources for this is cold pressed cod oil,, 2-3 servings of fresh fish a week,

on your own,you might try 200mg gelcaps of cold stored cod oil a day,get sunlight as above,2 servings of fresh fish a week,

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Sit in the sun with bare arms and legs for 20 minutes a day. That will boost your Vit. D intake.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Ask the doctor who determined that you have a vitamin D deficiency. Mine prescribes a superstrength dose for short term use, followed by over-the-counter supplements after successful retesting.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

You should take Vitamin D.

• 9 months ago

any D3 is perfect.

Mine happens to be in my arthritis supplement.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I take two pills a day of D3 ................................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.