I think for my marriage to work i need a seperate bed...maybe even a seperate room...what you think?

She complains that I snore too loudly and its really affecting her sleep...Can we cuddle and have sex in one bed and unless we fall asleep afterwards, go into a sepearte room to sleep...could this work..or only in my head?

i asked if you think it would work and all these answers are kind of no brainers...

When you're asleep, you're asleep. At that point, it doesn't much matter whether you have someone to "cuddle." You can do your cuddling, and whatever else you like, when you're awake. When you need to sleep, you can go to a separate bed, or another room.. Nowhere is it written that couples must sleep in the same bed, and no one should expect one, or both of the people, to lose sleep because of the other's annoying habits.

I think your idea is solid and solves the "keeping everyone awake" issue while still having the intimacy. Ask your wife if it's good for her. I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I snore when I fall asleep. He begins snoring at 4am

I like a cool room to sleep in. He likes it warm.

I sleep half naked. He wears sweat pants, a sweat shirt and even a knit hat in the wintertime.

I like a light fluffy down comforter. He likes a heavy heating blanket.

I go to sleep late. He goes to sleep early most of the time.

I wake up at about 7:30, He wakes up hours earlier.

I don't move a lot while I sleep. He is a marathon turner.

I like a soft bed. He likes a firm bed.

I hate electronics in the bedroom. He is nice to agree to please me.

After torturing ourselves with sharing a bed, we finally realized that two bedrooms is the only answer so we both can get some sleep.

His room is masculine and mine feminine. I could not be happier and neither could he. This has not effected our sex life, not at all. It is kind of fun to ask him, "your place or mine?". We often fall asleep together and then one of us gets up and goes to "their" room or we spend the night together. If one of us feels like it, after waking in the wee hours, we may finish the night in the other room and wake up together.

This works wonderfully for us. We both have an open door policy and now we both are getting all of the sleep we need. We both agreed to give the separate rooms a try and we are so glad we did. It has been working for 10 years so far.

The plus side is that all of my clothing is in my room and I love having my own closet space.

try it and see it may be the best thing youve ever done

why not ask your wife, not us. it works for many couples. heck, separate beds and separate bedrooms? your wife might even agree to separate homes while you're at it.

• .

SOME couples can do okay having separate bedrooms. Separate beds will NOT make your snoring easier to bear.

"Can we cuddle and have sex in one bed and unless we fall asleep afterwards, go into a sepearte room to sleep." - sure, if you choose to. Only you and she can decide if that will be enough closeness/intimacy at night. As mentioned, there are snoring remedies so I suggest if you haven't tried them all, do so. It's usually best for a marriage not to separate the parties at night (be it separate beds or separate rooms) unless there's a significant medical issue involved.

yes as long as there is very regular sex there are 365 days in a year 52 weeks in a year 7 days in a week and 24 hours in a day

50% is expected no if this is a excuse for another problem 

• ?

I'm okay with it if y'all are. Lots of couples sleep in different beds.

There are no bedroom police.

In a marriage, the two of you are supposed to work together as a team to find a solution that works for both of you. Whether that means she wears ear plugs or you sleep on the roof...that's no one's business but yours.

P.S. My aunt and uncle are very much in love and sleep in different rooms. My grandparents slept in twin beds - haha! My spouse spends one night a week in the city and I'll admit that I do usually get a great night's sleep when I'm on my own. I've noticed that having two master bedrooms in newly constructed homes seems to be a "thing" these days. Talk to your wife and see if you want to try doing things differently. Decisions are easily reversed if someone is unhappy.

ETA: "i asked if you think it would work and all these answers are kind of no brainers." You're a jackass. Your question was a no-brainer and yet you still can't seem to figure out the answer. Put on your big boy pants and work this out with your wife you focking moron. There. That's what everyone was thinking when you asked your no-brainer question.

That would be the very last resort, in my opinion, after every other technological and counseling option has been exhausted. Earplugs, CPAP, snore strips, sleep on your stomach, etc. Also consider whether your relationship is otherwise good. I'm not sure if this is true for everyone, but for some, snoring from someone they love is kind of cute, and not a deterrent to sleep.