John asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 5 months ago

Why is the media whining about Justin Trudeau painting his face black during a costume party?

Literally who cares? Why is it a big deal? People need to stop being such snowflakes and get offended for literally anything.

Favorite Answer

he can paint his self red white and pink for all i care, i dont subscribe to PC niceties, call a ni##er a ni##er a wog a wog and coon a coon, and damn the lot of them , free speech is far more important than sticks and stones .

• patty

they are looking for racism anywhere they can. if a black person painted their face white would anything be said.

• ricky

I’m a conservative, and many of these politicians have been democrats. I only bring that up because I completely agree with you. If I had thought about coloring myself for a costume, racism would have nothing to do with it. Why is it offensive? Or is this where white People are being offended FOR people of color?

He purports to be a Liberal and is accepted as such, and then it turns out that he disrespects Black people in this way.  Without going into the history of Blackface performers mocking Blacks, everybody now knows that it is offensive for a White person to appear in Blackface.  

Now you know the whistleblowers who discovered these incidents have been presenting them to the news Media - why have they been suppressed?  Can you imagine the reaction if Trump had ever appeared in Blackface?  THAT would be ALL  over the News.  His supporters would be utterly shocked.  The Leftist Media are shielding Trudeau for political reasons.  

Singh, the NDP leader is miliking it for all it is worth. Singh is crying about racial injustice and playing the victim, over nothing. SIngh is much more racist than Trudeau.

Trudeau dressed as Aladdin for a party. Big deal. I do not even know why he has to apologise. It was harmless.

(I really do not like Trudeau, but he is being attacked unnecessarily over this).

• Brian

That was blatant cultural appropriation!

Now if he'd painted his face orange and gone as Donald Trump, we'd all be offended.