Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 10 months ago

Is painting a face white illegal in the West like painting it brown or black is?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • ricky
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Are my freckles being racist against my natural skin color, or is it the other way around?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

Putting on black- or brown-face isn't illegal, just discouraged and frowned upon - at least in north-western Europe. If you haven't yet, try to rent the Spike Lee film, "Bamboozled" - it's an hilarious comedy about a writer who tries to create a modern blackface minstrel show for TV. He comes up with the idea to annoy his boss but the idea is a hit. A very funny and subversive satire on political correctness.

• 10 months ago

white people dont take offence like none whites, we dont have chips on our shoulders or worry about silly names calling / finger pointing or dressing up in grass skirts

• 10 months ago

White face is allowed. There was a movie about Two White Chicks or somthing where the Wayans brothers painted their faces white to play white girls. No problem.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

I wasn't aware there was a long history of black people painting their faces white to mock white people..

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Once again, your question is based on a false premise.

Has anyone ever been charged with a crime for painting their face brown or black, Dayton?

• AK Dayton
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Are you saying that paining one's face brown or black in the west is legal as such? It seems that it is not.

• Teva
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

Painting your face black in the West isn't illegal though....

Britannia coconutters

Attachment image
    • ...Show all comments
    • Teva
      Lv 5
      10 months agoReport

Btw this tradition only started 150 years ago, I'm sure English people then knew what a black person was 😂

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Yes it is. Being white is a cure in America now

• ?
      Lv 5
      10 months agoReport

Aye...ask Donald Trump.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.