Best community service for 720 hours?

My husband has 720 hours of community service he has to complete. He has two years to complete so the time is not an issue. The biggest problem is that we both work full time and only have one vehicle. Does anyone know what kind of community service will work best for this situation? It also must be non profit.

All the questions from "Shirley" have nothing to do with the requirements. I would suggest that you contact your county Volunteer Agency and talk to them. When I was the person that reported the hours worked, there were numerous volunteer agencies in my county that used community service referrals. He could work after his regular job and on weekends. Cleaning the roads was reserved for people in the County jail to do and receptionists at blood banks and other such agencies are paid positions.

HE needs to take care of his own hours.

There isn't really enough information here to answer. Do you all both work the same hours and carpool? Do you work opposite shifts? Sharing the car can be difficult, I know as hubby and I share one. He could try and find something that doesn't interfere with your work schedules or where you could drop him off on the way to work and pick him up after. Or where he could walk or bike to the location. Animal shelter, soup kitchen. Or find out what is available in your area for volunteer opportunities and see what fits your schedule.

• katie10 months agoReport

I could always drop him off somewhere but since he has so many hours I’m trying to think of a place with flexible hours and not something where he has to do a ton of labor since he’ll have to balance that and work, and something kind of close by.

• Mark

Working in a soup kitchen on weekends. Cleaning up the side of the road on weekends. Blood bank reception on the weekends.