If your friend from other country is getting married and doesn't invite you to their wedding do you end the friendship?

You have know this person for 6 years now

8 Answers

Relevance
  • chris
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favourite answer

No! I would be glad I wasn't invited and I would send a card or gift.

I don't get the whole thing with people getting insulted about weddings. It's their time, not yours!

I have family all over the US! I will most likely get married soon, but I'm not inviting the whole damn clan! I would have to rent 2 hotels and a football field just to hold them all.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 10 months ago

No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't expect an invitation.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

I would not end the friendship. There could a financial reason why you were not invited. If the person getting married has strict budget for the wedding, he/she may invite so many people to the wedding.

• carrie
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

It would have been nice if you had had an invitation, but maybe they thought you wouldn't want to travel to another country just for a day or two. Or maybe it was just a family affair. I would keep their friendship.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

No, bc the ceremony invitees may be limited simply bc they want it more intimate, or it’s cost inhibitive.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

This isn't about me and Laura, is it?

We only invited family on Tuesday.

It is mainly family and a few friends for the repeat in November.

• 10 months ago

No of course not.........they might just have figured that you are not gonna come all that way for a wedding.

I was married in Italy, but still sent invitations out, as a courtesy to all my friends...all around the world, as I had travelled extensively, and even lived in Japan for 2 years.

I did not honestly expect a single one of them to actually fly to Italy.........it was merely a formality of informing them of my wedding.

• 10 months ago

Yes I would, if he invites everyone else

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.