promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

why are christians against abortion when their god is apparently pro abortion according to their bible.?

Update:

@Mary. but your god says in the bible its okay to have an abortion.

Update 2:

@william ellis. but doesnt your jesus thingy have superpowers. surely he can tank a few abortion pills or whatever they use to abort.

Update 3:

@joe arent you judging god by saying im wrong. do you not believe your a created. how come you can judge whether or not your gods pro abortion but i cannot.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

He is not pro-abortion. The Law fined people who caused abortions.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • David
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

God is VERY much pro-life, much as pro aborts want to deny it.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

If you think God is pro-abortion, you have little to no understanding of the Bible.

Moreover, you, the created, have no ground on which to judge God, your Creator.

• 8 months ago

We set our standards higher than God.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Because they don't read the Bible cover to cover. I am a pro-abortion Christian. But you should also bear in mind that whereas the Bible does support abortion, it does so in a patriarchal context - abortion is permitted and even commanded on the assumption that women's bodies and their fetuses are the property of men. It's as bad as being anti-abortion, just the other way round.

• tenn
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

They're entirely inconsistent. They decide what they want to believe, then cherry-pick bits of the Bible to support the dogma they chose.

• 8 months ago

What if Christ came back as a baby and if you don't think Satan will have the freedom to do the child in....

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

He's not pro abortion, you can make up as many lies as you want but it doesn't make it true, you know nothing about the Bible. God warns people multiple times before repercussions occur. What warning do baby murders give before they kill innocent children who did nothing to them????

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

You're avoiding reality. Still no explanation for why they didn't wait to see if she was pregnant first before potentially destroying her womb, vagina, her sex organs, whatever you want to nitpick it is. Come on, Chia. See it for what it is.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

My Beliefs are based on these Truths:

In God’s eyes, life—especially human life—is sacred. (Genesis 9:6; Psalm 36:9) This principle applies to a baby growing in the womb, a place designed by God to be a safe haven for a developing child. “You kept me screened off in my mother’s womb,” said a Bible writer. He added: “Your eyes even saw me as an embryo; all its parts were written in your book regarding the days when they were formed.”—Psalm 139:13, 16.

God’s view of the life of an unborn child is also reflected in his Law to the nation of Israel and in our God-given conscience. God’s Law stated that a person who assaulted a pregnant woman and killed her unborn child was subject to the death penalty—the killer paying with his own life for the life he took. (Exodus 21:22, 23) Of course, the judges had to take into account motives and circumstances.—Numbers 35:22-24, 31.

• “Fascinating”
      Lv 4
      8 months agoReport

Absolutely, life is precious to God. Man has it backwards, using abortion to justify everything. How dare they murder gifts from God.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Your exegesis of the scriptures is pathetic.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.