How to care for neutered male kitten?

I have a five month old male kitten who was just neutered yesterday. His behavior has been completely abnormal. He growls and hisses constantly, and I've never heard him do either since I adopted him. He keeps licking at the glue, and when I tried to put a cone on him, he went ballistic, screaming and running... show more I have a five month old male kitten who was just neutered yesterday. His behavior has been completely abnormal. He growls and hisses constantly, and I've never heard him do either since I adopted him. He keeps licking at the glue, and when I tried to put a cone on him, he went ballistic, screaming and running around and crashing into things like he'd completely lost his mind. Woke up today to find he'd licked off most of the glue around the incision and he sounds like he's going to throw up. When I tried to touch him to try the cone again, he started biting and clawing my hand and ran off to hide. The other cats I've had were already neutered when I adopted them, so I'm at a loss as to what I should do. Does anyone have any ideas?
13 answers 13