Do plasma donation centers discriminate against the Mentally Disabled?

I went to 2 plasma donation centers. Both said I have a delayed response and I need a doctors okay before i´m allowed to donate, even though I said I was fine. They claim that people with mental illness are not allowed to donate for safety reasons.Is this true, or are they bullshitting?

Favorite Answer

The rules vary from state to state. It's unlikely that a plasma center would lie to you about who's plasma donations they're allowed to accept. If they said no to you, it's most likely the law in that county.

• Observer

It is not unusual to need am doctors ok to donate, it is not discrimination, they are following the law and taking care of you.

True. If you’re mentally disabled, you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into so they want to make sure that you understand what you’re doing.

It’s like signing a contract. If you’re mentally challenged, the court will usually null it if you have a doctor or proof that says you don’t understand what you signed.