promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I spilled juice on my laptop Sunday night and it turned off (read details)?

I put the laptop upside down on a towel for 3 days in hopes that it will dry, but it still won’t cut on. But the orange light on the bottom of the computer keeps flashing. Is there anything I can do? Or do I have to take it to the shop?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Stick the laptop in open form right side up in a big box of rice. Leave for about 4 days to a week. If it don’t turn on after this you likely fried it by trying to turn on without making sure it was completely dry first.

Rice is almost 100% guaranteed to work if you do it immediately when it happens. I have been an IT guy for over 20 years and never seen it not work unless waited to long.

• David
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

If your an IT guy then I'm a monkeys uncle. If the rice method "works" then almost certainly there was minimal spillage and it would have worked anyway by simple drying out.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

• patty
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

it should have dried in 3 days. maybe take to shop or buy a new one

• David
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

here is the same answer to the same series of questions you have been asking for the past few days

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20...

Repeating your questions is not only against Yahoo T&C it irritates answerers who may be simply repeating answers you have been already given. One question will suffice - just because you don't like the answers, asking the same question over and over won't make any difference

• Shut the **** up. If you don’t like my questions then don’t ******* answer them. Don’t you have better things to do than be on yahoo answers?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

it needs a technician to determine if you've killed it or if it can be resurrected

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I own a computer repair shop and you wouldnt believe how many calls we get about people who have spilled something on their laptop

• 9 months ago

Take that "laptop" (brand, model, cost to you, age, warranty, value of data are all unknown) bottom half completely apart. An ice cube tray is handy for keeping small parts separate. Photos of every step. Soak and rinse every part except hard disk in distilled water with agitation. Repeat 4 times with fresh distilled. Let it dry out for a month. Reassemble. Turn it on with crossed fingers.

Source(s): Rebuilt a 2011 Lenovo G555 that needed a new motherboard.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

So within those 3 days of drying, you tried to turn on the laptop? Each time you did that, you fried something new. It's hopeless by now. Time to buy a new one.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.