Should we get rid of the electoral college so that every vote counts and conservatives and liberals would campaign in all states?

I think it needs to be modified but not discarded.  The problem with that is each state is allowed to decide how electoral votes are decided.  Plurality takes all is stupid since the majority in a state did not vote for the person getting all the electoral votes.

Any number of different methods could and should be debated to make it more rational and not have a vote in WY count nearly 4 times as much as vote in CA.

ABSOLUTELY, but the Illuminati, who control EVERYTHING, won't let it happen ! The PEOPLE don't elect the President, WTFU !

States with low populations would secede.

I’m split on the issue. On one side, five times in history the winner of the popular vote didn’t get the Presidency despite being the people’s clear choice. On the other hand, the Founding Fathers did write the Constitution to be more of a republic than a democracy. Maybe they knew things we didn’t? Beats me. I like hearing arguments from both sides.

You mean have more than five states where your vote actually counts?

• Bryan

From what I know, I would say yes. I am in favor of democracy. However, I would point out to the anti trumpers that they shouldnt expect that the Dems would always win. Changing the rules means changing strategy, so its not possible to predict how that change would impact winners and losers.

Benjamin Franklin.....who last I checked, wasn't a slave owner... once famously said "democracy is four wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner"...

He put it in such terms so that even a schoolchild might understand the reason for republican concepts like the Electoral College.....and why the notion of "one person, one vote" went against our founding principles....which, again, he felt should be known by every schoolchild....

Apparently, he was far too generous in his assumptions .....

well you should try it and see if you can get 35 states to agree with it

you do know 17 states have passed a law calling for a new constitutional convention to rewrite the constitution

and since the majority of states are republican, what are you gonna do when republicans rewrite the new constitution?

No

becuase that is actually unfair...giving the power to big cities on the east and west coast

• Zack

That’s what I’ve been saying. One person, one vote, and the candidates don’t focus their campaign extra hard in certain areas.