Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 months ago

Is it a red flag that the guy I'm dating stayed in a relationship with an asian gold digger/socialite type for 5 years and provided for her?

We ve been dating for 2 months and he talked about his ex a lot.

They got out of a 4.5 year relationship 6 months before I met him.

For context he s white and shes asian . She has a very lavish lifestyle. He told me all about her and how she celebrates her birthday all month and had similar set up to an advent calendar. One gift per day for the entire month. He bought her louis vuitton purses, paid for them to stay at the ritz carlton, took her for steak and lobster in manhattan, bought her a tiffanys necklace, diamond earrings etc. She had an entire room as a closet. Very high maintenance, self absorbed etc. She has a small dog with a diamond collar that wears a tux and she carries in her purse.

I know this is judgmental but just hearing about her was sickening. He talked about her so much that I looked at her instagram. She considers herself an "influencer" and has photos of her in miami, paris, new york, hong kong etc, photos of her on yachts, drinking champagne, photos of her closet etc.

If the guy I m dating was attracted to this type of female should I just break up with him, people like her nauseate me. He told me he spent over $6k on her for her birthday month last year. He makes like 50k a year so I don t know how he made that work.

Her parents pay her rent and bills. She s 29 and seems like the Asian Paris Hilton to me.

Yet this guy asks me for half when we order take out pizza, down to the tax. She looks like the typical high maintenance asian

Any women can be gold diggers regardless of their race. If he keeps talking about her, even when you don’t ask , it means he’s not over her or the pain she caused him. Don’t stalk her, you’d only feel worse about yourself. And if he’s not willing to pay for a cheap meal then he doesn’t find you worthy enough. Best thing is to ask him directly and you’ll be at ease. All the best.

Hopefully she was providing him some really terrific nut release? Like all over her face, whenever he wanted, and even when he wasn't looking for it? Skinny Asian piecesofass have nice thigh gaps, so maybe she straddled his face a lot before blowing him? I'd spend on *** like that too. I guess you're nothing special sexually if he's not even splurging for 'Za?

I've been living on the other side of the planet from the homelands for so long I hardly consider myself American anymore hence I'm just an Expat,,

But it's been my observation that White Guys that are stupid enough get sucked into relationships with high-maintenance gold-digging Asian girls for longer than just a year-or-so are typically ruined for life & seldom completely recover to what passes for 'Normal',,

The guy would probably still make a good FWB once he's over it enough to stop frkn Talking about her,

but I wouldn't recommend letting your'self get too emotionally invested because odds are he'll either return to his self'destructive addiction to her or be browsing the web looking for another Asian girl anyway,,,

• Alan H

The real issue is that you are unhappy with his treatment of you.

The rest is irrelevant. Call it a day

• Trish

If what you say is true I wouldn't be that conçerned he doesn't go into debt with you so you two won't have to worry about that. You're not that Asian girl and he's not with herhes with you and you should focus on your relationship with him and being happy. Splitting the cost is not so bad and it's n8ce to get treated sometimes.

Like I've said before, that's what stupid american men had said about us american women. But yet, they thought that foreign women were more "decent" when those thots are the worst! They come to this country to lure american men for money, status and the "GREEN CARD".. So who's which women now are the biggest ho and "golddiggers"? Undocumented foreign women!..lol..

What? You went Dutch paying half on a date with a guy who can afford A FANCY *** ASIAN HIGH MAINTENANCE WOMAN??? GURLLLLL GET OUT OF TOWN!!! Go slow on his *** bc he stupid!! Every man can tell if your a gold digger or high maintenance whatever they can tell!! Hes full of ****. Let him know you are a traditionalist!! You believe men should pay!! Keep it straight!!

• ron h

After 4.5 years he's pretty bruised.  I'd go slow with him for a while.  Do you make more or less than he does?  If he make a lot more than you, then in a month or so, pick up a whole food check and say "next time is yours."   When it's his turn don't order the most expensive meal unless he does first.  (standard dating rules)  Either way, you're gonna have to pick up a check yourself first and let him have the next one. 

It might be, but the way he wants you to split things you can tell he's being more cautious, he realizes that he doesn't want to get caught in a trap again.

A red flag?? No, silly, it's about 100 red flags. If you're still involved with this a$$hole then you deserve what you get.