Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 8 months ago

I disrespected my teacher, how do I approach him tomorrow?

Hey guys:) I’ve been a tough situation today. I lashed out at my teachers for a small reason. It wasn’t in my intentions and I feel awful. My parents always told me to never talk back or disrespect my teachers and let them deal with it, and I never did as I grew up. I’ve done it last year, but thankfully he didn’t hear me. Today, I said it to my teachers face, and raised my voice. I don’t know what really triggered me. I’ve been on edge the whole day. I am getting older, so I feel like it’s about time that I start handling things maturely. They probably dealt with worst students, and they are very tough teachers. Although, I don’t want to be one of those students who talk back. It makes me feel sick to my stomach. How can I approach him tomorrow about my tone? Or should I stay quiet and let it go?

You go up to him before the lesson starts and say, 'Mr Smith, I spoke to you rudely yesterday, and I'd like to apologise; I'm really sorry'.

Chances are he won't want to drag out the conversation either.

• bluebellbkk

Just btw: forget this silly banal word 'disrespected'. Simply, you were rude to him.

• Nathan

You need to apologise in the morning and explain how you felt and why you did this. Teachers can be very unfair and make your life much more difficult, so it's important you stay in their good side

• ron h

explaining "how and why" can be a way of avoiding personal responsibility. Be careful with that. 

I would apologize and just say you were having a really crappy day.

It takes character to apologise. So do it.

Apologise. If you can, approach him before class and tell him you are sorry for the way you spoke.