Should i start to use a VPN? which one to use? and how do you you use them?

i know nothing about using VPNS, so i need a lot of help or instruction about which one to use, how to use one and should i use a VPN? someone suggested using a vpn recently to me because i explained i was searching for ''inquisitioners'' in the search engine duckduck go, but hardly any results or... show more i know nothing about using VPNS, so i need a lot of help or instruction about which one to use, how to use one and should i use a VPN?

someone suggested using a vpn recently to me because i explained i was searching for ''inquisitioners'' in the search engine duckduck go, but hardly any results or information came up?

i mentioned i am from the uk in the question.

and the person said my internet could be being censored by the search engine itself or my ISP could be blocking my searches? and so they told me to use a VPN, to get around the problem.

does anyone have any thoughts, help or instruction to help me with this question?