H
H asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 9 months ago

Would $120 worth of broken merchandise be considered a lot for Dillard's?

I was moving a huge table and accidentally knocked over two merchandise that were about $60 dollars each. I told the lady in charge of the home department and they said not to worry about it even though I agreed to take full responsibilities. I've only had this job for two months and already broke something. D:

I was using a flat cart and it was an accident.

The flat cart hit the shelf and two merchandise fell. They were $59.99 to be exact but I wanted to round up.

Apparently they decided to mark it off stock.

Pay for what you carelessly broke. Whether it is a little or a lot to Dillards or anyone else is irrelevant.

• Judy

Sounds like not a problem. If you do it every week, if might be.

it is a lot but i would be more careful next time

Take the boss at face value. There is no need to "worry" about it, but do be mindful going forward. They don't want careless employees.

In the scope of what retail businesses lose on merchandise they don't sell, $120 is nothing. Theft, breakage, returns, overstocks, etc....all this adds up to millions and millions.

• marty

Accidents happen. I wouldn't worry about it. Dillard has much bigger losses from shoplifting, $120 isn't much for them.