Lôn
Lv 7
Lôn asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

Are these questions in language troll questions or are they genuine? "Fluent speakers of English, I need your help with my English?"?

Update:

I've just counted them...there are TEN in the last day or so.

Update 2:

Anonymous troll who's blocked me...YES, I do usually speak in Welsh.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

I believe most of them are genuine enough, but there are one or two askers who definitely over-do it. Nobody here wants to help with these sentences quite THAT often.

• John P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some are trolls, possibly most are genuine. It is sometimes hard to judge whether troll or genuine.

• 2 months ago

I can't see why not. There are many people that have questions about English, even native speakers themselves. If a person is learning English as a foreign language, it makes sense for them to post a question in an English-speaking forum.

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

These all seem to be by the same person though.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think the asker has taken on a translating job [or more than one] into English instead of into his native language, and therefore very properly feels insecure about the result. Translations should always go from L2 into L1.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

They seem genuine, based on content. The questions regarding usage are typical to those learning English as a second language.

• 2 months ago

Can't say they all are, but many are legit I think. There are a lot of non-English Askers on Answers. Anyway, I've received Best Answer from some of the language Askers; so I think they're real ESL people.

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I was just wondering as there are so many of them..one after another. Why not just ask more questions on the same post?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They're genuine. Why would anybody be making that up. It's not even funny or bizarre or anything. They're probably taking an English class and need help.

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

It's just that there are around 8 of them today.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Do you normally speak only in Welsh?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.