Should I get a Masters in Legal Studies? Where? Details?

I have an Associates in Paralegal Studies, and a BBA in HR Management. (I got my Paralegal Degree several years ago, and I have no experience in the legal field.) I would really like to work in the legal field, without being a lawyer, so I figured it would help if I got a Masters in it. BUT my problem is, it is not offered in my home state, would it be bad if I did it online in another state? Since they are different laws. Or would it be just as good if I got a Masters in Criminal Justice? Or another Associates in Criminal Justice, since it would be faster and cheaper.

The other problem I have is I did not do too well with my BBA because I didn't care as much. (I mostly did it because I figured it would be easy to get a job with it...) But I really care about the legal field, and I did well when I got my Paralegal Degree.

• Stoo

See if that has any currency in your career. Paralegals do a lot of the grunt work for lawyers. Good ones might advance up in a firm just on experience, but a master's degree isn't going to set them apart. This sounds like a degree that doesn't lead to any real professional outcome you can't already achieve. If you want more money and power on the job, that's when you take the plunge and go to law school - not some half-assed facsimile that will get you nowhere and isn't recognized.

When you see that no one in your state offers this, ask why. It's probably because it has no value. If you see only for-profit colleges offering this, ask why. It's because there's enough people who don't do due diligence to find out this credential isn't worth much, and they're happy to take money from them.

No. That is all.

• Judy

What job, specifically, do you want to DO?

• Black Kettle

court room administrator or something like that
      or law office