Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 months ago

How do I increase my calorie intake and get out of starvation mode quickly?

I started at 220Ibs in May 2019, and as of 18,September 2019 I am 174Ibs. I resulted in eating 600 calories a day and when I exceed to maybe 800 or 900 and have my carbs above 60g, I gain weight. My goal weight is 145Ibs and I want to increase my metabolism so I am able to eat the same calories as other people (1200 - 1400 calories.) What should I do?

• Marc

Exercise 6 days a week. 3 days cardio and 3 days weight train alternating.

Maybe try a ketogenic diet and slowly increase your fats first.  Add fats early in the day. So, for example try a "Keto coffee" with just a teaspoon of MCT oil in it and slowly work up to whatever amount your gut can tolerate. Don't add carbs and be careful about the amount of protein you are eating.

Next, realize that while you made a lot of progress, a couple of months isn't your life. You are going to experience gains and stalls on this journey but you need to get to the point where you are fueling your body with the right nutrients.  It is okay if it takes you a whole year to reach your goal.