promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
BJJ
Lv 7
BJJ asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 9 months ago

How many questions or answers are you allowed to report per day?

11 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

There is no limit on how many reports you can make, BUT there used to be (we aren't sure if it still applies) a limit of 20 per week that would be EFFECTIVE against any single user (which was to reduce a stalker's ability to be able to have a significant effect against a user by reporting everything they posted).

Also, at one time (years ago) if you reported too many posts in too short of a period of time, you'd lose the ability temporarily (because accounts aren't supposed to be created to do nothing but report).

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

There is supposedly no limit, but if you report MORE than 20 questions or answers from the SAME account in 7 DAYS the anti spam software is supposed to kick in so your reports don't count.

• 9 months ago

Only the Yahoo Gods know the answer to that .

Too MUCH reporting use to backfire on people......and degrade your own rating.

Obviously like every other feature here.........trolls abused it, and tried reporting one user 200 times a week. ....as a form of attack and attempt to get them suspended.

But when you do that........Yahoo sees you are targeting a user......and its YOU who loses your cred for all the false reports.

My stalker has probably reported my innocent answers literally THOUSANDS of times over the last 4 years..........for all the good it does him. His credibility is ZERO. Negative numbers if that's possible.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

There is no Limit on the Number of Reports you can Send a Day

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

There's no limit how many postings you can report, but your reports must always be accurate. Misusing this feature, however, can result in your ability to report abuse in the future to diminish and can also cause your account to be suspended.

• P
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

There is no limit but if you report without good reason your credibility will be reduced and you may lose your account for misuse

• 9 months ago

No limit.  At one time if you did more than 1o staff noticed, but I think that stopped.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I don't think there is a limit.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

You don't get any prizes or rewards for reporting people, so why bother?

• ...Show all comments
    • Weasel McWeasel
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Yeah, his commented was reported and removed........but see? they don't suspend the account. Now it will take me another 6 months of reporting this idiot to get THAT sock puppet suspended, and then he's got a dozen more already active.......it's endless.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

No limit on number of different posters questions/answers you can report, only a limit of 20 questions/answers per week per poster count.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.