Is my dad justified in getting angry at me for going out?

Is this normal behaviour/justifed for a parent? I don't go out a great deal, I wil lgo out once a week to see my friends or once every two weeks, usually on a Saturday. I'm almost 19. Last night (Tuesday) me and my best friend were going to our local club because they had on an emo night (only happens once... show more Is this normal behaviour/justifed for a parent?
I don't go out a great deal, I wil lgo out once a week to see my friends or once every two weeks, usually on a Saturday. I'm almost 19. Last night (Tuesday) me and my best friend were going to our local club because they had on an emo night (only happens once a year) so I told my dad I was going then staying over at hers which is a lot nearer. My dad was infuriated by this he was shouting and screaming at me saying he wasn't going to put up with it. I rarely ever go out to a club, he was angry and kept saying "leave it to the weekend" I'm a student and I've been studying hard since term started and he was screaming at me for going out later on that night. Is this justified? The fact he threatened to kick me out over something so small made me sad I don't get into trouble I'm a good kid, quiet. Am I right in feeling like his love is conditional towards me if he gets so wound up over that?