Police at my door at 2 am! Help?

so i'm an insomniac and i was in my room just watching some netflix. it's nearly 3 am now. at about 2:15 i heard super loud knocks on my door. i obviously was too scared to answer the door, because who answers the door to ANYONE at 2 am? i could hear men talking outside and i wanted to hear what they were... show more so i'm an insomniac and i was in my room just watching some netflix. it's nearly 3 am now. at about 2:15 i heard super loud knocks on my door. i obviously was too scared to answer the door, because who answers the door to ANYONE at 2 am? i could hear men talking outside and i wanted to hear what they were saying more clearly so i went out to my hallway. they began knocking again & this time someone was shining a light inside. i obviously panicked and hid behind the wall in my hallway bc the lights were bright. my first reaction was "these men are burglars". i live with my sister and she was sleeping. i'm amazed she wasn't woken up by the continuous knocks (they went on for at least 2-3 minutes). i ran past the doorway and into her room when i thought they were gone. i few minutes later we hid in her bathroom & she called 911. so it turned out that it was POLICE who were knocking on our door at 2 am. supposedly, there was a shooting in our apartment complex (no one is injured). they saw that we have a Ring camera outside and wanted to see if we caught any footage. this is a reasonable thing to ask, of course. BUT WHY WOULD YOU KNOCK LOUDLY AND SHINE LIGHTS INSIDE AN APARTMENT AT 2 AM! they could've waited until the morning to stop by when people are usually awake. i have an anxiety disorder and the million of thoughts that ran through my head were telling me i was gonna die or worse. i wanna know if this is normal or if it's happened to anyone else. i'm still shaking.
Update: Info I left out: my question was - is it normal to for police to knock & shine a light inside without identifying themselves? Why wouldn't they have said they're police when there was clearly no answer? The Ring camera doesn't work & if it did, a light would turn on & the bell makes a noise.... show more Info I left out: my question was - is it normal to for police to knock & shine a light inside without identifying themselves? Why wouldn't they have said they're police when there was clearly no answer? The Ring camera doesn't work & if it did, a light would turn on & the bell makes a noise. It should've been clear the camera doesn't work. Again, I have an anxiety disorder which amplifies moments of normal worry. Please don't leave comments asking why I reacted that way. Thanks.