Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 months ago

Why doesn't america want a tax payed healthcare system (nhs) for poor people only?

I can understand why america doesn't want a full nhs like the uk but isn't it selfish that a poor family still has to pay if they are sick and then be in dept? What I'm suggesting is if you earn under a certain amount then you pay taxes and get free healthcare (like obamacare but totally free because you pay with tax) but if your earning too much money then you have to pay and you don't have to pay healthcare taxes because your paying full price for your healthcare.

Rich people would probably prefer to pay full price anyway. But why make a poor family or a very sick child suffer because the rich don't want to help the poor even when it wouldn't affect them?

• Eva

Poor people already get free healthcare. It's called Medicaid.

“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”

― Benjamin Franklin

Because I have insurance and still cant get proper medical dental care for my kids...... because I still cant pay even with insurance...... why do non taxpayers kids get better care than mine? Please explain

• david

Mostly propaganda from the right. Lies about people not getting healthcare under the Canadian system, when there have been people who moved from the US to Canada to get care for sick children. More lies about "death panels". More lies about the US system being the best in the world when it is not. --- Most of this is paid by the the AMA so they can keep large profits going into "not for profit" hospitals where administrators make 10 to 100 million a year.

humans did not design universe and we are not running it. Evolution is far more powerful than we are. who are we to say that natural outcomes should be meddled with?

Americans LOVE to flush our health care dollars down a giant profit toilet. EVERY advanced, civilized nation has recognized for-profit insurance as the sucking vampire that it is and have virtually banned it. Not the Yanks, though! When we aren't flushing our money down the profit toilet, we just burn it in piles...

• Nick9 months agoReport

That's why I'm moving to cuba...... it's so great there

Most people are inherently selfish -- that applies to both the haves and the have nots .

Many "haves" resent giving to those they think undeserving ,and many "have nots" simply expect a free hand out --- so the majority of both therefore, can find no common ground on which to meet.

I'm afraid you are focused on the wrong thing and assigning a motive that is completely false. The American people don't want the Federal Government to control one-fifth of it's economy by controlling the healthcare of all of its citizens. You talk about your countries health care like its a shining success. It is not. Our neighbors to the North have a similar system to yours. If it is so great why are Canadians coming here to seek medical services? The explanation is not that we are selfish, we are just smart enough to realize that government isn't the solution to this issue.

They don't want to pay for your abortions.

They have medicaid and medicare..