promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 9 months ago

Why do people who are 30 think they are young?

45 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

An attitude or belief of about a particular age is personal choice and how the individual perceives age and how they fit into that parameter. For some, 30 may be considered old and equally as many people feel 30, 40, 50 and 60 is young. Age is subjective.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

I'm guessing you're a clueless kid with no concept of what being human is. Just because someone is an adult, doesn't automatically make them old, especially if they're in their 20s and 30s.

You've been brainwashed by movies that prioritise childhood as the ultimate, whereas actually talking with one another and sharing interesting thoughts and ideas is more important. Not saying children aren't important, but it takes a whiney, immature brat who spends their time alone watching cartoons to think that adults are old and irrelevant.

Even when I was a child, my parents would encourage me to not watch so much cartoons because "they are boring" and that I can watch stuff for older audiences. Wait till you're a teen - then it'll make sense that it's best to grow up. Trust me, you'll feel a lot better and probably make friends too.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Because our society infantalises you at 14 when you biologically become an adult and requires by Law you attend high school the first four years of your adulthood. Where a 14 year old from Ancient Times, right through the Middle Ages, and up to the Old West would be able to split logs and build a cabin, use a shotgun to hunt, and be able to get married in the Hills, now they tell you you are a "child". After four years of brainwashing and bullying in the fishbowl social hierarchy of artificial high school, you are so infantalised by 18 that you feel less grown up than you did at 14, so you will buy into needing 4 more years of infantalisation in college. So you push off of a False Premise at 18, the false premise that you have not only NOT been physically mature for four years but are still an infant just floating in mid-air with no real gravity to it, and you go to college until you are 22. Now you're SURE you're an infant and "too young for marriage", eight years into being biologically fertile. By 30 the men all have Peter Pan complexes and women don't think their "Biological Clock" starts ticking until they're 38, but by then no man their AGE will marry them because they have delayed things until they're hitting Downs Syndrome babies by then.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Because they are to everyone but teenagers and small children.

Saw on tv a program and it showed children in kindergarten. They thought their teacher, who was 27, "is as old as George Washington". So yes, age is a relative concept but these kids were 5.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lita
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

Because they are. Thirty is not old. It's not even middle aged yet.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I’m 31 and people think I’m about 17 so 🖕. We can’t all stay under 30 and immature forever.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Compared to 50, they are.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

They don't. They FREAK OUT about turning 30 while the rest of us over 50 laugh at them.

• 9 months ago

cause they are young

• 9 months ago

They are certainly not old or even middle aged, so where would you put them? The peak career age is 35. Perhaps a new category "mature youngsters".

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.