How could I get caught from not filing taxes?
- AmyLv 78 months agoFavourite answer
* Someone who paid you files THEIR tax forms correctly, which informs the IRS that you should have filed.
* Someone reports you
* You spend a lot more than you admit to earning, so your bank gets suspicious.
* You need to rent an apartment or other task that requires proof of income, which you can't get until you get an honest job
* You realize that not FILING doesn't mean not PAYING, and you've been missing out on refunds.
- JohnLv 68 months ago
About 10 years ago, Paul Manafort probably asked himself that very question.
- 8 months ago
As private equity financial, we offer reliable and swift loan assistance to those who genuinely need it, in a much more efficient and business friendly manner, and because of our unique position, we are strategically placed and best able to meet your needs, when and where you want them. At groundbreaking business friendly interest rates, which fit all pockets, we will be happy to help you in times of needs.
Share your thought with us TODAY@
Call: (431) 804-7964
- 8 months ago
Forms such as 1099 or anything from you working at a regular job getting sent directly to the IRS. So there's no way you can hide from them. They will always know what you made no matter what.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Casey YLv 78 months ago
Ever see those tax forms you receive at the end of the year...those also get sent to the IRS...so they know what you made.
- JudyLv 78 months ago
Lots of ways. A common way is that someone reports you. Where are you getting the money, how, and for what?
- SlickterpLv 78 months ago
If you get a W2, your wages are reported to SSA and the IRS.
- Anonymous8 months ago
It is not a matter of "how". It is a matter of "when". That when usually catches up to people about 3 - 6 years down the road, depending on a number of things. Occasionally, it could take longer. The IRS will catch up to you and when they do, they will come knocking on your door - 2 or 3 of them, and they will carry you off to prison - roughly.Source(s): I know someone it happened to.
- mokrieLv 78 months ago
Every place you work has to name you because they deduct paychecks from profits. The IRS will figure out that you are getting paid but not filing. Then you'll owe it all at once or go to prison.
- Aster RhoidsLv 78 months ago
That's tax evasion