What would be the effect on Planet Earth if there were a global Internet outage of 24 hours?

It would be one HUGE, MASSIVE BIG kick in the backside for a few million cyber slaves, pissed off Black-Hat hackers, the Scam-Scum of Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Thailand, China and all the other lowlife scammers.

Utter pandemonium would ensue! A large part of the economic online Cyber-Biz would lose millions.

Younger people all over the planet will be totally freaking' unbearable to be around for an entire day. But they will have a full day to possibly realize what a Dumb-*** and Numb-nut waste of social drivel they exist in (though there are just as many equivalent boring adults who will have the same opportunity).

China and Japan and a few other techno-zombies will be in utter turmoil and disarray!

Wall St and Hong Kong etc stock exchanges will be devastated with possibly billions in currencies lost and company shares will be in a totally F.U.B.A.R. mess!

The rest of us will just have a nice relaxing day off and a good laugh at all the dumb sad sheeple.

A major upside to an event of such a magnitude would be that we all get a freedom day from the corrupt data agencies, NSA and similar and, best of all, Google and Facebook and all the other crappy companies' of 'Social Deviants' and their greedy thieving deceivers will be completely without paddles in a white water rapids world.

It would be like having front row seats to a live action apocalyptic virus day (like the plethora of films currently trendy in the movie media) and people like myself would be crying with laughter watching millions of sad *** pathetic Net-nuts trying to make it through the day!

PS: I love tech stuff, my computers etc. and i am one of those that society likes to call a Geek. You know! The type they'll all be relying upon to kick-start their ho-hum boring Twit-Face and Drivel-Book lives again! :)

The biggest plus for the entire world however would be knowing that Donald Trump would be on a ******** presidential S.T.F.U lock down. Now wouldn't that be worth a globally Internet free planet for 24 hours?

• Gonk_Droid8 months agoReport

well I'm one of those zoomers, and I mainly play games like TF2, Minecraft, and maybe some games I got from 'certain' websites. they can be played offline but I would get bored after a bit of time, so I would resort to playing MK7 on my 2DSXL

People would actually start visiting their friends and relatives houses more often.

• keerok

On planet earth, absolutely nothing. The land, the seas and the air, perfectly the same. Among the plants and animals, zero effect. To the half of the human population without internet access, again, no effect whatsoever. Now, to the other half with internet, maybe only half of that, particularly the oldies, will simply revert to their 1993 mode of living. Some will complain but they will eventually figure it out since they did experience life without gadgets before.

The younger half however, those that grew up with a cellphone in their mouth will completely go bonkers. It's like their life-support has been cut-off. Their intelligence (most of which is Google-based anyway) will go down to zero. Life as they know it is gone.

And that's just 24 hours. Longer than that would be the apocalypse to them.

• George

Not much. We managed perfectly well for thousands of years without it.

• audrey

Utter and complete chaos!

I expect Millennials will be staggering around in their pj’s looking lost and confused. Everyone else would be fine.

• Matt

On the planet overall? Nothing.

People would have to actually talk to each other.  I wonder if they remember how?