Should the areas around conservative cities be contracted by the federal government for dumping grounds and oil drilling?

I would like to see a president start sending all the pollution back to where it came from.

Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

The only cities I've ever seen oil drilling in, were in Southern California, like Long Beach to Signal Hill area. Not that long ago, seeing one made me kind of angry, not because it was drilling for oil, but because as I watched the oil dipper go up and down while sitting at a stop light, across the street, there was a gas station, and the gas prices were over $4/gal. I was like, WTF is wrong with this state??? Why do we have oil right next to gas stations, and yet the most expensive gas in the country?

And yea, if they let me, I'd dig my own oil well, and refine my own gas, because the gas taxes here are too damn high.

They also shut down the nuclear power plant here. They are using more coal power. Right after doing this, the air pollution particle counts and CO2 emissions went up after they did that. And anybody with an electric car, not being powered by solar, where do you think the power comes from, to charge their batteries? Yes, power plants. California law makers just seem like they have a lot of talk, and do the exact opposite of what would be needed to solve the problem. And yet, people think they're liberal. They're just greedy socialists who want to take our money and shuffle it around, and then at the end of the day when people aren't looking, they scoop up it all up and put it in their personal retirement funds so they can retire at 65 with 6 figure annual pension payouts until they die, and full medical benefits. Its a racket.

• ClassyGoose

You'd be pretty angry if the oil spilled and contaminated Long Beach for several years, like Santa Barbara. 

No, San Francisco is good enough. Liberals are already defecting and dropping needles on the streets.

• Bill

Actually places like New York City sends a lot of their waste outside of the area already.

Why not. Conservatives aren't good for anything else.