Can I sell a kitten with a broken leg for $2,000?

I found a kitten in the street, it looked hurt so i took it to the vet, they patched him up and put his paw in a cast. But they charged me $2,000 for a stinking animal that isn't mine, I tried to leave the kitten with them but they threatened to call the police and have me charged with animal abuse and... show more I found a kitten in the street, it looked hurt so i took it to the vet, they patched him up and put his paw in a cast. But they charged me $2,000 for a stinking animal that isn't mine, I tried to leave the kitten with them but they threatened to call the police and have me charged with animal abuse and abandonment.
So now i have a broken kitten I want to get rid of asap, I'm not going to waste anymore money buying it food, bowls, a bed etc etc..., but I need to know if i can sell it?