Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

What are the legal consequences underage drinking?

In California. But you arent the person who is underage. The situation is a group out at the bar and someone in the group is underage. The person who is underage gets caught drinking. Are there consequences for everyone else who is there with the group but is 21?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

The law takes underage drinking seriously, and if you are caught violating any underage drinking laws, you may face the following consequences:

Driver’s license suspension

Possible jail time

Fines

Community service

Mandatory alcohol awareness classes

Not only does underage drinking have legal repercussions, but it may also affect the minor’s academics, extracurricular activities, and driver’s insurance policy.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There aren't any consequences from drinking in Amercia, eitherway,

because all your beer is pis* weak

• 2 months ago

The underage drinker, even is they are 20 and 11 months old, is considered a minor... You know, despite being old enough to serve in the goddamn military... and so those of legal age in the party could face severe fines or even jail time, especially if one of them purchased the alcohol.

The underage drinker themselves may be fined, have to attend AA, have their license revoked (even if no vehicle was being used), or face jail time.

So feel free to go die for your nation, but abstain from that hard cider.

• 2 months ago

5 Years in prison, maybe, even more, depending on age, if it is 5 and under then they are fine, but if caught above 6 then they will either be taken to a mental facility helpline or juvenile, if they are 15 for example and is charged for 5 years in prison, at 18 they are taken to jail, the most you can get for drinking is life in prison, same for shoplifting, a high chance for life in prison, if I were charged for that, I would of said that was the mental part of me

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No. legal consequences.

The bar is in trouble. You all will be kicked out.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.