I'm getting low volume from my x1 xfinity box while using a Samsung Harmon Kardon hw-q80r soundbar?

When I connect the soundbar to my PC through any possible connection (the soundbar has 2 hdmi and one digital optical) it's loud and clear. When I connect it to my x1 cable box it's quiet and by 100 volume you can still barely hear it. It doesn't matter if I use hdmi, arc, or digital optical with the x1... show more When I connect the soundbar to my PC through any possible connection (the soundbar has 2 hdmi and one digital optical) it's loud and clear. When I connect it to my x1 cable box it's quiet and by 100 volume you can still barely hear it. It doesn't matter if I use hdmi, arc, or digital optical with the x1 box, it just doesn't work.

I just threw out $1000+ on this Samsung harmon kardon sound bar and xfinity is making things difficult like it always does. I also have a vizio sb4551-d5 soundbar and I can hook that up with RCA, 3.5mm through my projector, or even hdmi and I can the same sound that I get on the PC. It's either xfinity's fault or the sound bars, I guess.

does anyone have any experience with this, and could anyone offer a solution. i'm bordeline devasted because of the money I have spent. I could still return it, but it would be a shame, because when connected to my computer, it sound wonderful.

thank you all! ^
Update: i'm also using the optoma eh200st projector as my display, but all of the same problems exist on several different models and brands of tvs that i have tried.
Update 2: if anyone is confused, i'm trying to fix this problem and make it louder again.
Update 3: I have also hooked up two Klipsch rp-280fa's with a receiver running to the cable box and same quiet result. it is definitely the xfinity box.
2 answers 2