Home birth?

I m on my 5th pregnancy and I don t want to birth in a hospital. I have a midwife and I m all set up to birth at home. Except it s not my home. I m currently staying with my in laws as we are in the middle of moving. Great timing right? Anyways my in laws have cats and a dog and it reeks of it. Not exactly the place you want outsiders (my midwife and her assistant) coming into. So my question is...where else can I give birth?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You give birth in the same place any sensible person would - in a hospital. Forget about that idea of using a midwife and her assistants. You can't possible "set up" in-law's home to deal with any unexpected complications that might arise for you or for the baby while you're giving birth.

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In the smartest place you can...the hospital

• Suzy Q
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your concern is whether it's a good place to bring outsiders into? Not whether it's a good place to bring a newborn into? Odd, that.

You know with whom I - while having my pregnancy monitored by a midwife - discussed the decision where to give birth? My midwife. 

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A friend's home? (Though it does suprise me that your midwife has not already BEEN to your MIL's home to check that it is safe and appropriate for a home birth.)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A midwifery unit or birthing center though I'm not sure you can bring your own midwife.

• 2 months ago

Why not the hospital? Surely you trust your midwife to be your advocate there?

• Pippin
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

by the midwife, and she will accompany the woman and give her medical history in the ER -- but an OB or CNM would then take over.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.