Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 months ago

Am I just being jealous? And should I visit my boyfriends family anymore?

My boyfriend and I are both 19 and met at university. He lives with his aunt and uncle and their family. I went to go meet them at their house for dinner with him. When we first got there I saw there next door neighbor who’s 16 and practically looks like a supermodel right off the runway. She looked at us and waved and smiled. She was very nice thou. I just instantly got jealous thou because I have a some extra junk in the trunk and I know my boyfriend probably thinks she’s gorgeous. We then went to go meet his family and they were very nice. Then his uncle I could tell got pretty tipsy and told my boyfriend “wow I see you like big girls” my boyfriend just laughed and I wanted to die. His uncles himself is a fat forty year old dude. After that night I cried. I don’t want to tell my boyfriend about how this whole night made me feel but feel like it might be best if I do tips?

HE is YOUR Boyfriend for a reason. Yes, the neighbor may be gorgeous, BUT he is not dating her, HE is dating YOU.

Why would you take such a remark seriously? So what if you are big? Or aren't. Try to protect yourself from unkind remarks by imagining yourself in a golden suit of armour and the remarks are arrows that just bounce off. Good Luck!