Angela asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

I've dieted for two months now and gained 5 lbs.what is the deal?

I have no idea. You didn't say what you're eating on this "diet"

When you starve yourself, you're teaching your body to be a fat storer. Think of it this way- if you are living in a state of famine, then your body is going to hold onto as much as it can thinking you might not get a proper feed for a while. Low carb diets are not sustainable. Eat whole foods, drink plenty of water, DON'T consume excess fats (fats should be healthy from plants, limit meat and dairy intakes). I spent years trying to starve myself and I only lost weight and kept it off when I went low fat vegan (and eating more than ever). Fibre and good nutrition work wonders for the body.

• Andy C

Caloric restriction leads to a type of survival mode called the anorexogenic cycle where everything you eat is stored in your fat cells, making you fatter.

Any weight loss is due to muscle atrophy and water loss.

If you are exercising regularly, you will have built muscle, thereby increasing weight.

Exercise has almost nothing to do with significant fat loss and dieting ALWAYS fails.

Feel screwed?? Well, you're screwing yourself, albeit unknowingly.

Ditch sugar and other sources of fructose like HFCS, honey, nectar, juice, molasses, maple syrup and white flour products (most breads, crackers and pastas) for a month and see what happens to your acne.

Oh, wait, wrong answer...or not.

Acne is caused by the same thing as obesity, diabetes II and most heart disease.

And IBS.

Source(s): This isn't opinion but truth that won't change if you disagree, which your addicted brain is trying to convince you that I am full of crap. I may be at times, but this is independent of you and me;) "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D.
    • Andy C

You're welcome.

Not Eating a High Protein Breakfast within 1 Hour of Waking Up

It is not uncommon for people to think they can skip breakfast and not pay the price. This is particularly true with habitual “cereal mongers”. Eat a high protein breakfast – it makes a BIG difference.

Thanks i understand

if you not losing weight you not in a caloric deficit