What's a good hourly pay for a recent college grad?

So I got a job offer that I would be making $14 an hour. That would put my gross at 1021$. Then I had a second job offer at 13$ an hour with commission. The job I accepted is something that I thought about doing for a long time and I took it so It would be a good foot in the door. I am going to have to start paying loans in December. Is $14 an hour good for a recent graduate? My friends seem like they get paid more but it's hard for me to get paid that much. I just want opinions on

Update:

Also one is for an admin assistant ($14 per hour) and the other one is a leasing consultant (13$ per hour with commission)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

jiojiojiojiojiojijiojiji

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

You don't say what your major of gpa were, or where you live, and those things matter a lot. If you majored in something that was interesting to you but has few jobs available, $13 or $14 and hour might be the best you can expect. In some fieldss, twice that would be low.

• 1 year ago

Learn the difference between gross and net.

Gross is $14...

Net equals gross minus deductions. I don't know how you can guess at your net....

We don't know what your degree is in... If you are a sociology major, it's a fine wage. If you are an econ major, your parents are in their bedroom right now trying to figure out the sharpest knife in the house to cut their throats.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.