Does 'freshness' of plant affect its concentration of chlorophyll?

I am currently carrying out a chemistry experiment to check different concentration of chlorophyll in different plants. However, I obtain them all at the same day and measure the chlorophyll at different days. (First day plant A, next day plant B). I was wondering if freshness of plant would affect my data collection.

Yes, freshness probably does matter. You should harvest one plant at a time and measure its chlorophyll immediately.

The suggestion from LP7 about buying powdered chlorophyll tells you nothing about your plants.

And this question does not belong in Psychology -- it should be moved to Botany or Chemistry.

• LP7

If it did affect the concentration why buy powdered/tablet chlorophyll instead of fresh.Seems it's only the water content that is eliminated in the manufacturing.It's just concentrated through a special drying process.Same with Green Barley,Spirilina etc.unless they add colour without public knowledge.