George
Lv 4
George asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

What happens if you check-in for your seats for your flight but they use a different aircraft with different seating configuaration?

For example if you book your seats for a plane that is a 2x4x2 seating configuration, but they end up using a 3x4x3 configuration plane. What happens in that case? Where do they put you?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

They put you where they put you.

They TRY to keep those with a window at the window and those with Aisle on the Aisle.

IF you are two or more together they TRY to keep you together get over it you do not get a magic free seat in the middle. You may have to choose an alternate seat(s) when you get to the Airport.

As the seating plan is DIFFERENT there is no way to make it exactly the same for EVERYONE.

• 2 months ago

In the 60 some years I've been flying commercially, that's never happened to me. If it happens at all, it's a rare event. I've had them switch airplanes for a flight, but it's always been for another of the same kind of aircraft with the same seat configuration.

I've also had flights canceled; so I had to rebook. But then I get a different seat assignment usually.

• 2 months ago

I would think they try to put everyone close to what they requested so if you wanted a window seat, you probably will still get one.  However it is always good to check 24 hours before you fly to make sure there are not any last minute changes.

• 2 months ago

Threy use a computer program. If you're a frequent flier and have your seat preference logged in your profile, you should get the same type of seat. Otherwise, they'll assign you based on the type of ticket you bought.

However, if you don't like the assignment, you can always stop by the gate agent and see if they have anything else.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

They will reassign seats as necessary. You may or may not stay in the same seat number that you originally had.

• 2 months ago

Essentially they try to reseat everyone in similar seats (aisle, window, etc). But since there are now many more middle seats some people that had better seats will be shoved into a middle seat if the plane is full.

• 2 months ago

I imagine they would reassign at the check in counter. That's where most of those types of changes are made.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.