Matthew 7 Christian salvation is exclusive to only a few. Because only a few are destined to enter by the narrow gate. Do you agree or not?

Matthew 7:13-14 “ENTER BY THE NARROW GATE; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. BECAUSE NARROW IS THE GATE AND DIFFICULT IS THE WAY WHICH LEADS TO LIFE, AND THERE ARE FEW WHO FIND IT."

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME".

The above Scripture has served to highlight the fact that NO ONE CAN ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, EXCEPT BY THEIR FAITH/BELIEF IN JESUS.

But it is difficult to have faith in Jesus, BECAUSE NARROW IS THE GATE AND DIFFICULT IS THE WAY WHICH LEADS TO LIFE, AND THERE ARE FEW WHO FIND IT.

Thus, BELIEF in Jesus is the only way to enter the Kingdom of heaven, but this is never easy, since the path to heaven is narrow and strait and difficult, and FEW will find it.

However, BELIEF in Jesus entails BELIEF in the Gospel of Christ, which includes BELIEF in the Resurrection.

Thus, BELIEF in the Resurrection is a core REQUIREMENT of Christian salvation, according to the following Scripture:-

John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

However, BELIEF in the Resurrection is never easy, BECAUSE NARROW IS THE GATE AND DIFFICULT IS THE WAY WHICH LEADS TO LIFE, AND THERE ARE FEW WHO FIND IT.

Update:

But in practice, the vast majority of people will find it too difficult to BELIEVE in the Resurrection, because it requires them to ENTER BY THE NARROW GATE.

Most people are ETHNOCENTRIC and will find it impossible to ENTER BY THE NARROW GATE.

Thus, the vast MAJORITY of people are destined to PERISH, because they will find it practically impossible to BELIEVE in the Resurrection, which requires them to ENTER BY THE NARROW GATE.

Update 2:

So, they will find it too difficult to see from God's viewpoint and BELIEVE in the Resurrection, because it requires them to ENTER BY THE NARROW GATE, which is practically impossible for many who have ETHNOCENTRIC ideals that detract from God's viewpoint.

Thus, Christian salvation is exclusive to only a few, because the rest of humankind are too deeply entrenched in their ETHNOCENTRIC ways that they will ultimately fail the Great Judgment.

Do you agree or not?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • J H
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I agree wholeheartedly with what The Lord says.

Most people do not acknowledge that satan has

his own following who go by his doctrine. All the

translations are faulty. The churches needs

money to continue.Right from the beginning,after

the death of Paul,the false churches established

iitself . The children of Catholicism began to compete.

The narrow gate was not acknowledged,rather the

wide gate became the norm. Remember,that the Lord

also stated that since John the Baptist,the Kingdom of

Heaven is being taken by force.What does this mean?

It means that those on the wide path don't need to be

called.They can do it on their own.Where does it say

in scripture,that you can accept Jesus into your heart,

nowhere? John 3,16 is a fabrication.When you know the

Lord,you know that He would not die for everyone,satan

and his angels and all the perverts who love to sin.Jesus

died for His jewels whom He has predestined and promised

ETERNAL LIFE from the foundation which you can verify in

Romans 8.

No matter if the churches scream Lord, Lord,only those who

obey Him enter in by the narrow gate,

• 2 months ago

Those that do the will of the Father are on the narrow road, those that choose their own way go the wide road. Those that do and follow the WORD of YHVH GOD, do the will of GOD. Matt 6:9-15 and 7:21 speak of the will of the father.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Most of the religious people who come here,  Will be destroyed even though they think they are righteous.   If you are reading this,  you unlikely will see salvation. 

• janhoi
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

That's a very selective way of reading scripture. A holistic way of reading the scriptures also include these passages as well.

"And I when I am lifted up from the earth will draw all people to myself"(John 12:32)

"And through him God is pleased to reconcile all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of his cross"(Colossians 1:20)

"For to this end we toil and struggle, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the savior of all, especially those who believe"(1 Timothy 4:10)

"This is right and is acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour, who desires everyone be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth"(1 Timothy 2:4).

Also, as N.T Wright puts it in his magnum opus Jesus and the Victory of God, often times when Christ uses the language of judgement in the Gospels, he is speaking of the earthly judgement that took place in time and history, namely the destruction of 70 A.D. That's the context of him speaking of the "narrow gate".

Source(s): Anglican Christian
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sean
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Is it exclusive? No. Anyone can become a child of God by putting their faith and trust in Christ as described in the bible. This is like having a resort with an open door policy where anyone can enter except people don't want to.

An exclusive Christianity is like many main stream Christianity forms and would be like God saying you have to achieve a certain amount of holiness before you are good enough to enter. This is not what we see in the bible. We see the opposite.

In fact it says that no-one is good enough to enter, so that was why we needed a savior. Now, any who put their faith and trust in him have the right to enter heaven. So you, right now, can make a choice to put your faith and trust in Christ and enter into heaven and take part in the goodness God has for you. Therefore, it is not exclusive.

• You can't fit a lot of people through a narrow gate. 20 billion zombies trying to squeeze through the same gate, competition will be fierce.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.