Sam asked in PetsDogs · 11 months ago

My dog dry heaves and has the bordetella shot?

I just adopted a puppy from the human society (his name is Tripp). His breed is unknown, however, we think he has some german shepherd in him. He is 7 months old. He has had his bordetella shot. Even though he's had his shot, his symptom seems like kennel cough. He heaves like he's about to throw up and after a few minutes he relaxes and is fine again. I don't believe he's done it today, but my other dog (Ezra, breed lab) started to do it today. I've had Ezra since he was a puppy, he's now 3 years old, and he has not had the bordetella vaccine. He's heaved about 3-5 times today. My third (and final dog), Pirate (breed australian cattle) who I have also had since he was a puppy (he is now a year and a half old) has heaved once today. Pirate has also had his bordetella vaccine.

Tripp has had this heaving symptom shortly after we got him. His heaving has been going on for two and a half weeks. At first we thought it was stress, then we found out he had worms so we gave him meds and he no longer has worms but continued to heave, and now that he's not heaving and our other dogs are heaving we became concerned it was kennel cough. But, because Pirate and Tripp have their vaccines we're not sure how that would be possible. No other symptoms are occurring. They don't have dripping noses, they aren't lethargic, they're appetite is normal, and they're not sneezing. They don't necessarily have a cough, it's just heaving. If you have any idea please let me know!

"Heaving" is NOT a symptom of kennel cough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My puppy is about 8 weeks old and is a pitbull as far as we know and she usually is unreasonably eager for food and she is sleeping a lot more than normal and won't drink any water or eat any of her food which she normally will jump out of my arms for I'm very worried because when I woke her up from her nap to eat she started gagging and dry heaving but nothing came up

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your puppy. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your puppy?

She met about 5 kids for the first time today and I could tell she got pretty overwhelmed, also I changed her food to a different, better puppy food yesterday(but she didn't have any issue with food at all until tonight) she won't drink water either and also won't even get up for her treats

The best and safest thing you can do for your dogs, is to have a vet check out all of your Dogs with this problem.The vet is the only person qualified to tell you exactly what is going on and what needs to be done to treat the problem.

I don't know what to say but I hope they all become better