Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 months ago

What should I do about my roommate?

She always want everything crystal clean. Even if there's a little bit of hair on the floor she complains about it. I have long hair so I can't keep the floor crystal clean. Then she said she wanted to wash the toilet every week. Who washes the toilet every week? It's not even dirty. I don't like her commanding me so I told her to stop doing it and now we're not talking.

I don't think she's a very clean person herself. Either way, she has no right to command other people. I highly doubt her room is that clean.

You're not compatible as roommates and when your lease is up one or both of you needs to find a new arrangement.

It sounds like you have a roommate who likes things very orderly, neat, and clean...ALL OF THE TIME. There's nothing wrong with that, however you've expressed your unhappiness about how she appears to be commanding you to do things. First of all, no one should be commanding anyone to do something. I see 3 solutions to the problem...1.If she wants the toilet to be cleaned EVERY week, SHE should do it herself-tell her that you do not think it is necessary to do it every week (she might get irritated at you for this one) 2. but if you want to keep her friendship then discuss with her a cleaning schedule for the both of you two on who and how often you will clean (i.e you and your roommate alternate weeks for who cleans) 3. move out

Goodluck!

Because your probably exaggerating and it is very rude to leave a mess if your with a roommate especially if your in collage and can’t control who it is. Maybe get your own place get a good job and just not live with someone. Life is just better that way. Until your married and have kids if that’s what you want to do.

I wash the toilet every week when i clean the bathroom. Not sure what's so difficult about that. Toilet brushes and comet were invented for a reason.

Meanwhile, if she's OCD, she is. You and her could have discussed her manic cleanliness before you moved in.... and, then you should have understood this in the first place.

Yeah I'm crystal clean to but I understand I don't always have control over people and everything in my house. When I had roomates I just kept my stuff and room clean. Now you can sit her down and talk to her about it because no matter what answers we give you a talk will have to happen.

She is a very sanitized person and loves perfection.