I have a fast food question: I am tired of vertically-excessive burgers; where can I get the wide burgers?

Fast Food establishments seem locked in conflict to make the tallest burger, and it's getting silly. I want a wide, easy to eat burger.

McDonald's quarter-pounder-patty is between 3.8 and 4 inches in diameter (just the patty mind you; don't get me started on the bun...). For a double quarter-pounder, they just stack two, one atop the other. I'd rather have an eight inch wide half-pounder than a double quarter-pounder. Give me an original, not twice of something else.

Let us look at condiment distribution. Looking at the haphazard manner in which McDonald's assembles their double quater-pounded monstrosity, and examining the ratio of burger patty to cheese to condiment to bun ( do not get me started on the bun), there is no conclusion but to say that the double quarter-pounder is a different burger than the quarter-pounder. Yes, the ingredients are the same, but the ratios are so skewed that it's a different burger experience. Truly ironic that the only constant is that wretched bun.

I'm right.

So, having expressed my desire for a wide burger, and now adding that I require this wide burger on the go, where does one find such a mouthful?

Post script: I ask this question in earnestness; I request you respond in kind. Also, my last question, about Luby's cafeteria a fair while ago, didn't go well for me so I'm posting this anonymously. I understand there are some Luby's Lover out there still, and my heart goes out to you. Thank you friends. Bless.

Your math is wrong.  Doubling the diameter of a circle increases its area by four times.  

• 1 year ago

Why not go to a real restaurant and actually have it prepared 'your way?' There are so many independent restaurants--notably, steak houses, that will make a burger the way you want it.

• Erik
    1 year ago

Carl's Jr. has burgers like that. They're good too.

• Bob
    1 year ago

This question was too long, and you seemed to be either talking to yourself or answering your own question when you said "I'm right.", and to me doing either of those things is strange if not weird.

I also think that to expect quality food from any fast food restaurant is a bad idea, and to answer your question, no fast food place serves wide burgers.

• 1 year ago

God bless your weird little brain.

• 1 year ago

Fuddruckers burgers are pretty wide. Of course you putt the toppings on, but when they make a bigger burger (i.e. 3/4 lb vs 1/3 lb it is a lot of spread out than thicker.