No idea what to major in? :(?

I’m currently a junior in highschool. I really enjoy doing art but now I feel like it was just a waste of time and art majors are considered to be the most useless majors there is.. I want a high paying job, but I feel like that won’t happen to someone that went into an art major. I have no idea what to major in college now. And I know that I should do whatever my heart desires blah blah but I want to make a lot of money in the future. Are there any other majors I could possibly go into (as someone who has an intelligent mindset and is also artistic) P.S. I absolutely suck at math and science so nothing STEM related please. Are there any other majors and jobs I can consider instead of art?

It’s literally so totally okay to not know!! You can always go into college undecided if you aren’t sure. My best advice is to not worry about the money though. If you get a job that’s “high-paying” but you hate it, then you’re going to possibly mess up, be bored, essentially hate your life, and even get fired. I know you heard it 4 million times, but do you what you want! Art majors exist, and it may be difficult, but it’s still an option! There aren’t many other art related jobs I can think of.,. maybe an art teacher/professor ? Historians are interesting jobs and can relate to art sometimes. Sorry haha, I’m not sure how to pick your career for you. Best of luck, and please remember it’s okay to not know!

• Jogger2425

That's also good advice. Go to college, and take courses in different subjects.

Talk to the guidance office and find out which occupations have the highest placements at the present time and which are projected to stay high or become high in the next 5-10 years/

• maddy8 months agoReport

They’re mostly stem related or in the medical field. Too dumb to do any of those.

• Daniel

I didn't pick my major until over halfway through my sophomore year of college, although I was leaning in the direction of a STEM major.

You could always start out at a community college, get your general education requirements knocked off, and take some 100 & 200 level classes in areas that interest you to narrow things down.

Discuss this with your high school counseling service.

Some organizations, including some colleges, offer testing services to find out what you might be good at and what you might like doing. Ask your high school counselor to point you to these services in your area.

It's important to take both tests. Some people have taken only tests to find out what they might be good at doing, and they trained for that. But, it turned out they didn't actually like doing what the test results indicated.

Doing something you don't like or are not good at can be stressful, even if the job is high paying.