What is the best car that is not very expensive?

Honda civic....I got mine for $200 and have left to buy some goodies to add on to it.

It depends on what is on the market.

Check out Consumers Digest's buyers guide for the most reliable cars. Get the top ten list for the past five years and then see what is out there close to where you live. Corolla's tend to be a good bet also Subaru models (non-turbo).

An old Malibu.

Or a Camry a few years old. Korean cars arent reliable unless  made after 2014.

Honda Accord. Tons of them out there, very reliable, relatively inexpensive, last you forever. Find one with between 50,000 and 150,000 miles. The more stock or unaltered the better. I have three kids and all three started on Accords for their first vehicle. My oldest is 33 and still owns his 2003 Accord since he was 19.

• don r

Schwinn...............

A Corolla. WAY more reliable and long lasting than a Hyundai or Nissan.

• arther

camry 3 to 5 years old maybe a 3 year old i30 remember its better to spend more than buy a cheaper car that constantly needs work if your paying for to be it worked on.

I've seen the Nissan Leaf, which really impressed me.

• Murzy

Toyota or Nissan .

• donnie

Probably a Hyundai