How to ask for different interview questions?

I just got a chance to interview for a really nice job but I just started the process of getting the certifications they will be interviewing me on in a couple of days.

How can I mention this to them politely and ask for them to ask different questions?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • You can mention that you're in the process of getting your license, but you can't control the questions that they're going to ask you. Just do the best you can with the questions you can answer.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can't, interviews don't work that way. Just answer the question, say you have started the process of getting them. If you ask for different questions since you don't know the things they need someone to know, they'll just politely end the interview.

• 2 months ago

So if I'm the person who will be interviewing you, am I going to be going into this interview with the expectation that you already have these certifications?

If i'm not expecting you to already have these certifications, if I ask about them all you have to do is tell me that you're working on them and expect to have them by whenever. I'll accept that response and we'll find something else to talk about.

If I am expecting you to have these certifications, it's because you told me in some form that you had them. Maybe you put it on your resume or application, or maybe it was you deciding to apply for a job that clearly listed these certifications as requirements. Regardless, I'm expecting you to have them, so if you then tell me that you don't, that's not going to go over very well. Instead of coming up with different questions, I'll be ending the interview.

If the entire point of the interview is to ask you about these certifications, it's very unlikely I agreed to interview you without having the expectation that you've already got these certifications.

• 2 months ago

Do they think you have already earned the certifications? If you lied on your resume, call them and tell them the truth so you don't look like a fool and they don't waste their time.

If they know you don't have the certifications and still want to interview you, then we can surmise the questions will not be about what you learn while earning the certifications.

• A Hunch
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You are making no sense. Your resume would specify if you have specific certifications. If you are working on them your resume would say "anticipated date" in the future.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You cant. They tailor the interview process to the requirements of the job, not to what makes the applicant happy. The questions are supposed to determine whether or not you are capable of performing the tasks required by the role. It would defeat the purpose of asking those questions if they changed them to ones unrelated to the role just because that suits you better.

• Some guy named Tim
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Cool. Any tips on how I can conduct myself during the interview? I'm pretty sure I won't be able to answer at least half the questions they ask.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.