Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 10 months ago

If my permit expires would I have to take the test again to get my permit again or can I just get a new card at the dmv?

By the way I live in Nebraska so if you live where I live please help

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favourite answer

I don't live in Nebraska. If your permit expires(considering you had it for a year) YOU CAN'T PRACTICE DRIVING WITHOUT IT and if you go down right away they may give you an extension on it WITHOUT any testing. However, they may decide to retest you on the written (and bet it will be a different test than what you had last time - so you better know that book from cover to cover...because you still need high marks to get a Learner's license.

. I and most of my buds got our on road practical exam as soon as it was allowed to do so (either 2 weeks or 3 weeks later) >I can't remember the time period anymore as it is written in the training manual and it "could be" a question on the test. They have about 100 variations of the test so no 2 tests are the same so you can't cheat by remembering what a buddy who just wrote the exam said example ABBACEDACAADC. or something like that as the questions are different. Chances of having the same test buddy took are extremely remote. You would have won the lottery already.

Read your training manual and it should state in there about an expired Permit and the procedure and what to expect.

I don't have to memorize something which happened 30+ years ago.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • May
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

You would have to re-test

• Ron
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

As mentioned in your drivers handbook, if it expires you must pay the fees and retake the test

• Scott
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Where I live you have to retake the written test.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

you might have to take the test again, i would ask them about it

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I live in Nebraska

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.