promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
hannah asked in PetsDogs · 9 months ago

URGENT Poisonous mushroom?

My dog is really sick. She was foaming all at the mouth and we are either thinking she ate a poisonous Mushroom or got a seizure. I feel so helpless because the vet doesn’t know what it is. My dog is in ICU right now. I attached a photo

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Nathan
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

Nobody here knows. Only a vet will be able to figure it out.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

My basset hound puppy LOVES poisonous mushrooms! In fact that is all he eats.

• 9 months ago

Your dog is in the right place. I had a friend whose two Min.Schnauzers got into some mushrooms growing at the bottom of her yard. Had they not upchucked the bits, she'd not have known what was going on but as it was, both were in on IV drips, and one barely made it she was so ill. Fingers crossed your dog will survive.

I have no idea what mushroom that is - nor is it relevant as long as the dog is receiving the vet treatment she needs.

The toad suggestion may be correct.

• 9 months ago

No mushroom experts here.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Mushrooms are a type of fungus. Australia has many varieties of wild-growing fungi, many of which are edible. However, a few types are poisonous or even deadly.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no home test that can distinguish between edible and poisonous varieties. The only way to tell whether a wild mushroom is safe to eat is to have it identified by a mushroom expert (mycologist).

If you are unsure if a mushroom is safe to eat, don’t eat it. It is recommended that you only eat mushrooms you have bought from the supermarket, greengrocer or another reputable source.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

If the VETERINARIAN can see, test, examine the dog, what do you expect us to guess?

• 9 months ago

Could he got a hold of a toad.I knew a dog that foamed at the mouth and had a fast heartbeat from a toad.good luck.my prayers are with you.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

And we should care why?

...exactly.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

hopefully they'll figure out what it is and get rid of it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.