Galaxy S7: The bottom half of my screen turned black?

A few months ago, I had a situation where the light would constantly flicker, and the top half of the screen would become darker than the bottom half. It wasn't a major issue, and I was able to stop the flickering by adjusting the light. After a while, the problem went away. Last week, the bottom half started doing the same, and I didn't think anything of it, because I thought I could just adjust the light like last time, but after a few minutes, the bottom half of my screen went completely black. Before the top half of my screen would turn darker, but I could still at least see it. But now, the bottom half of my screen is black, and I can't see anything. The touch screen on it still works perfectly fine, but only the top half is lit and visible. I tried resetting it, adjusting the light, and keeping it off for a while, but nothing works. I didn't even do anything to my phone that would damage it. It was just sitting on my desk when it started acting up all of a sudden. Does anyone know how I can fix it?

maybe you should take it to a computer store so they can fix it

That sounds like a display problem. The only fix is to replace the screen.