Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 months ago

Why do guys love to do this?

Yesterday I was riding my bicycle and I saw a group of guys riding bicycles towards my direction on the opposite side.

I kept riding neatly at my side of the bike lane, they came closer and closer and were loud and made stupid guy jokes and stuff.

I decided to avoid eye contact to not catch their attention otherwise they would perhaps hit on me and I dont want that so I looked down in front of me. While I was riding I saw at the corner of my eye that one of them who drove at the front drove crooked towards my side, I quickly looked up cause I freaked out that he might bump into me. As soon as I looked up I saw him looking straight at me and quickly went back to his lane side. I turned around and they looked back and started laughing and driving on one wheel trying to impress me and see my reaction.

Why do guys crave attention from girls so much and even dare to go so far to do risky behaviors in these kind of situations. Luckily he moved quickly away otherwise he could really bumped into me and cause a accident. No matter how much you try to ignore guys, they always try to catch your attention and do stupid things lol.

lol thats true, i know what u mean

One guy did that, probably to impress his friends. You can't seriously extrapolate from that experience that this is something "guys love to do". Turns out some people are just immature.

• liz

They were probably bored and trying to amuse themselves by getting a reaction out of you. A bit weird but harmless fun for them as long as he didn’t get knocked over. You’ve got to do these things while you can I suppose - from their point of view.

• camray

Because they love what you have in your bike shorts and across your chest. These guys sound like idiots the way they went about trying to get your attention, but unfortunately it works on enough women so there’s no insentive to stop that kind of behavior.

"Why do guys love to do this?"

A guy who never approaches a woman, and never does anything at all that will ever impress a woman or attract her attention to him, to the point where she will approach him, will never have a woman in his entire life.

Men HAVE TO do --something-- to get women. If they are not going to be the "show off" type, and they are not going to learn guitar and excel in that or sports or --something--, then nothing will EVER happen sex-wise for them.

This kind of should be obvious. If it's not, then let me ask you this basic question,

Why don't women (you) regularly ask guys out instead? There's your answer.

.